From Our Lady’s Hand
rain in lines
crackling with light
borne across the dark sky
that warm bright word.
Sage connection, brief
quick flash telegraph
love, do not - -
the king is the biggest and most precious of the pieces, often compared to a worn father figure; his importance is great but his strength is limited. the bishops sit at the king’s right hand and the queen’s left hand, often moving as the queen does as protection and support. the knights are the most unorthodox pieces; their range of movement initially appears limited, but their unique way of crossing the board often gives them an advantage. the rooks are the fortifiers, represented most often as castles. in them is strength and endurance. the queen is the most powerful, and most versatile, figure on the board. the queen can move in any pattern except the knight’s, and if the queen is lost, the game is often lost also.
The Most Beautiful Trees in the World
- Portland Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon. Photo by unknown.
- Red maples trees path. Photo by Ildiko Neer.
- Most beautiful wisteria tree in the world. Photo by Brian Young.
- Yellow autumn in Central Park, New York. Photo by Christopher Schoenbohm.
- Amazing Angel Oak Tree, Charlston, Photo by Mark Requidan.
- Cherry blossom tree path, Germany. Photo by Shoeven.
- California in autumn. Photo by Mizzy Pacheco.
- Jacaranda trees in bloom, South Africa. Photo by Falke.
- Ponthus beech tree in Brocéliande forest, France. Photo by Christophe Kiciak.
- Beautiful cherry blossom road. Photo by unknown.
Not usually my style, but….
<3 Like Fate’s Window
Have a ball this weekend! )O(
Fay via 13thmoon